If you think that pancakes are better than waffles, then you must have been misinformed all this time. Sure, the pancakes might taste good, but in a long battle between breakfast foods, waffles always win. Not only because this breakfast treat is way more adaptable than the pancake, but it is also broken out of the breakfast mold altogether. And we are here to state the reasons why waffles are just plain better than pancakes.
- They can hold syrup and toppings better – Okay, some of the syrup soaks into the pancakes, but the square waffle texture gives you ideal toppings and syrup storage. You can drizzle your butter and maple syrup into your waffle squares and you can count on it to stay put and remain there until you decide to eat. Waffles are glorious breakfast treats that can hold your fillings and toppings where they actually belong.
- They are portable – Waffles is the perfect meal when you are on-the-go. Have you ever tried walking down the street with a floppy pancake in your hand? This is because pancakes give you a crumbly and sticky mess. Don’t believe us? Just try asking the Belgians why they enjoy waffles as popular street food.
- Waffles are more delicious when they are combined with other delights – Just imagine, waffles, bacon, and fried chicken. Sounds heavenly, right? That’s because waffles are more versatile than pancakes.
- Waffles are easier to make – You can never mess up a waffle too. Pancakes, on the other hand, tend to scare away amateur cooks because they can be unpredictable and fussy to make.
- Two words: Waffle Cones –Ever heard of “pancake cones”? no. Waffle cones definitely changed the way we eat ice cream.
- Waffle fries – waffles help pave the way for waffle fries, so we kind of owe it to waffles why we have and enjoy crosscut French fries.
- Waffles don’tget soggy easily – Clearly, pancakes get soggy quicker that waffles which makes waffles the ultimate brunch food. Waffles don’t turn into a soggy mess easily while you enjoy chatting with your friend over some tea or coffee.
- Waffles can be made out of just about anything – You can make rainbow waffles, brownie waffles, and vegan waffles. You can even make waffle sandwiches, The possibilities are endless.
- Here’s a good combination: Chicken and Waffles – There’s a good reason why you can always find a chicken and waffles joint throughout the country, and this is because they taste so good together. There’s something about the mixture of the sweet, syrupy waffles and the perfectly fried savory chicken that brings joy and takes you on a flavorful journey you can never forget.
- Waffles are perfect for sharing – Thanks to its square pattern, you can easily tear them apart and share them with your friends and loved ones. Most of the time, pancakes require knives to tear them in portions but with waffles, you can evenly tear proportionately with ease.
There you have it! We hope that after reading this article, you’ve seen the light that waffles are indeed much better than pancakes. Don’t worry, it’s not too late to switch sides.