Frozen waffles are one of the foods that save us during breakfast. It’s because it’s very easy to prepare. Just toss them in the oven and drizzle them some store-bought syrup and they’re ready. But if you’re tired of the same old maple syrup and frozen waffles combo, maybe you can try other recipes for frozen waffles.
Yes, you can create other delicious foods using the crucial freezer staple frozen waffles. In fact, it is like a cheap, blank canvas that is begging for your artistry. And it’s even easier to defrost a frozen waffle and turn it into a wonderful dish compared to making waffle from scratch because it saves you time from mixing flour and other ingredients.
So, if you’re bored with the plain waffles with syrup every morning or during snack time, then here are some of the other great foods you can make with frozen waffles.
1. Waffle Monte CristoImagine some waffles packed with turkey, bacon, ham, and apricot preserves. That’s a wonderful breakfast, right? It might take time if you will be making the waffles, but you can save lots of time by using frozen waffles instead. You can find the recipe of Waffle Monte Cristo here.
2. PB&J Stuffed WafflesHow about your childhood lunchbox favorite stuffed inside a warm, toasty waffle? This is very easy to make. Just get your frozen waffles, spread some peanut butter and jelly, then toss them in the oven and wait for a few minutes for your delicious breakfast or snack.
3. Waffle Ice Cream SandwichesThis is the perfect snack to serve on a hot summer day, or any time you’d like some ice cream sandwich. It is easy to make frozen treat because all you need are some frozen waffles and your favorite ice cream. The best part about this snack is that the ice cream melts into the pockets of the waffles, making it more delicious to eat.
4. Tater Tot Grilled Cheese WaffleTater tots are the perfect snack all day every day and turning them to a waffle is pure genius. This recipe includes cheese, bacon, and jalapeño between two tater tot waffles. Imagine the crispiness, gooeyness, and spice with only four ingredients. Isn’t that great? Find the full recipe of this yummy snack here.
5. Chicken Wing WafflesThis recipe might sound time-consuming to make, but it’s actually very easy. If you have leftover wings from dinner, you can combine them with frozen waffles and turn them into chicken and waffles. It’s not only time you’ve saved but leftover foods as well. Find out how to do this recipe here.
6. Cheeseburger WafflesAre you craving for a cheeseburger but don’t have time to go out and buy one? Then turn your frozen waffles at home into cheeseburger waffles. You just need to add some burger patties and cheese slices to the frozen waffles and toss them in the oven toaster. And there you have it, your very one cheeseburger waffles to satisfy your cravings.
7. Taco Salad WafflesWith the use of frozen waffles, you can easily and quickly create some taco salad to serve at build-your-own parties and as a brunch dish as well. If you want to find out how to make some taco salad waffles, check the recipe here.
8. BLT Waffle SlidersIf you want a BLT for breakfast, you can also try a deliciously different version featuring some crispy bacon and fresh tomatoes between two golden waffles. You can simply reheat some frozen waffles for a quick assembly.
9. Fruity Waffle Parfaits
This is a yummy and healthy dessert in one. All you need are frozen waffles, almond butter, yogurt, and your favorite fruits and make it a little bit sweeter using maple syrup if you want. Get the full recipe of this dessert here.
10. Churro Waffles
If your kids are complaining that they are getting tired of the waffle and maple syrup tandem, then these churro waffles are a great idea to serve them when you only have a few minutes to prepare breakfast. You might get surprised that they’ll ask for them next time instead. Here’s the recipe for churro waffles.
11. S’more WafflesWho doesn’t love s’mores, right? It’s one of the best snacks to make while bonding outside toasting marshmallows. But you can also make some s’mores indoors and yes, you can use frozen waffles instead of grahams. Here’s the recipe for the s’mores waffles.
12. Pecan-Stuffed WafflesThis is a delicious recipe and aside from that, it’s entertaining as well because it’s very easy to prepare but looks really impressive. No one will think that it only took a few minutes to make them. You can find the recipe of pecan-stuffed waffles here.
13. Slow-Cooker Sausage & Waffle BakeThis is another very easy dish to prepare using frozen waffles. It is guaranteed to create excitement at the breakfast table with its sweet and savory combination. Find out how to make this dish here.
14. Strawberry Breakfast ShortcakesEven if you’re short on time, you can still make a healthy and enjoyable breakfast. Making strawberry shortcakes using frozen waffles for breakfast will get you the protein, fruit, dairy, and whole grains you need to start the day. Check its recipe here.
15. Maple Sausage and Waffle Breakfast CasseroleHow about waffles, maple sausages, eggs, and cheese all in one delicious dish? Sounds exciting right? If you love dishes that are both sweet and savory, then try using your frozen waffles to create this breakfast casserole. It’s very easy to prepare, check it out here.
These are some of the great foods you can make with frozen waffles. These delicious recipes will save you from that boring maple syrup and waffle combination every morning. So, which of these would you like to try soon?