Are you tired of having the usual syrup and butter on your waffles and pancakes? Do you crave for a little change in the way you eat them? Well, lucky for you, because we are here to lay down all the variety of toppings that you can add to your pancakes and waffles. These additions or toppings are uniquely crazy and they will leave you wanting more. It’s time for you to take a little step outside of the box and experiment with pancake and waffle toppings that you never thought you’d try. In fact, there’s a topping for every taste buds from the sweet-toothed folks to the health-conscious gals, we got you all covered.
Make Healthier Choices
Pancakes and waffles don’t necessarily need to be covered with sugary syrups and butter to be tasty and delicious, you can also lighten them up by whipping up some whole-grain batter, nutrient-rich ingredients, and fresh toppings. You can eat them as a weekday jump-starter or indulge in them during the weekends. You can try these ideas:
- Blueberries and Greek yogurt with honey
- Granola, raspberries, and vanilla yogurt
- Sliced apples, honey, and almond butter
- Chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and applesauce
- Pico de gallo, fried egg, and avocado
- Pineapples, toasted coconut, and sliced kiwi
Try Savory and Salty Toppings
If you’re not a sweet tooth and you like salty and savory flavors, you should try combining those flavors in your pancakes and waffle and who knows? you might even find yourself eating them during dinner. Here are some ideas to try if you want your pancakes to be salty and savory:
- Balsamic syrup and goat cheese
- Salsa, fried chicken, jalapeno syrup, and avocado
- Sliced pears, maple syrup, and pork chops
- Cheddar cheese, corn bread waffles, and sour cream
- Spicy maple syrup and sweet corn
- Bacon, lettuce, and tomato
- Sliced apple, cheddar, sliced deli chicken, and mayo
Go the Extra Mile and Add Toppings That are Completely Over-the-Top
There are days where we want to just want to sprinkle, drizzle, and add toppings to our pancakes and waffles with different ingredients to our heart’s content. It’s perfectly fine, in fact, we think that these overloaded pancakes and waffles are perfect for any special occasions, too. Don’t worry, we won’t judge you if you want to indulge in them on a regular day.
- Caramel syrup, ice cream, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles, and a cherry on top
- Chocolate sauce, crumbled graham crackers, and Marshmallow fluff
- Bacon, cheese, and macaroni
- Pistachios, strawberries, and Nutella
- Chocolate chips, sliced bananas, and hot fudge sauce
- Hollandaise sauce, Canadian bacon, and poached egg
- Capers, cream cheese, and lox
Put it on the Batter
Instead of concentrating mostly on toppings, you can mix different ingredients with plain pancake or waffle batter. You can try these fun and delicious twists next time you make your own batter:
- Chives, cheddar, and mashed potatoes
- Red velvet cake batter
- Chocolate brownie batter
- Diced tomatoes, cheddar, tater tots, and jalapenos
Let Your Loved Ones Decide
The best pancakes and waffles are the ones that are made specially just for you. If you’re having a party or preparing for a large number of people, you can set up a platter of ready-made pancakes and waffles that are surrounded by bowls of different toppings and syrups. They will go great with all the decorations, bargain balloons and the rest of the party setting! And we assure you that your guests will have fun creating endless combinations for their waffles and pancakes. On this idea, you can prepare the following toppings:
- Spreads – Cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, whipped butter, yogurt, Nutella, whipped cream, and peanut butter.
- Fruits –Raspberries, diced apples, sliced bananas, blueberries, sliced peaches, sliced strawberries, and sliced kiwi.
- Drizzles – Caramel sauce, blackberry sauce, hot fudge sauce, maple syrup, blueberry sauce, honey, and strawberry sauce.
- Sprinkler – Pistachios, granola, macadamias, rainbow sprinkles, pecans, powdered sugar, walnuts, and bacon crumbles.