Cooking eggs is easy and simple, right? But achieving that perfectly soft, medium, or hard boiled egg is not that easy. And if you already tried cooking it, then you would know how hard it is to keep everything perfect such as the temperature, the water level, and the amount of time you should cook the eggs. That is why if you want perfectly boiled or poached egg all the time, then we recommend you to buy an electronic egg cooker. But hold up, we don’t want to let you buy an egg cooker right of the bat without telling you how it works and giving you the best options available in the market. With that being said, let’s get on to business and talk about egg cookers.
What is an Egg Cooker and How Does it Work?
By now you must be wondering why it’s called an egg cooker and not egg boilers. Luckily, we are here to answer it for you, egg cookers don’t only boil eggs they are also able to cook delicious poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and omelets.
The egg cooker cooks eggs by the simple principle of condensation and evaporation. It has a heating element that conducts electricity once you turn it on and they come with different trays for poaching, boiling, and making omelets and scrambled eggs. To operate the egg cooker, all you have to do is plug it in, fill the base of the egg cooker with the required amount of water and turn it on. The heat that the appliance generates will then converts the water into steam that condenses on the eggs. The egg cooker has a thermostat that determines the temperature of the water while the device is turned on.
Why Should You Get an Electric Egg Cooker?
Having an egg cooker in your home enables you to cook several eggs at a time and save you a great amount of time and energy. It also comes in a compact size so you don’t have to worry about making a space for it in your kitchen. Egg cookers give constant results and you won’t ever have to think about having uneven results ever again. Egg cookers are also easy to use and maintain, you can wash its top shelf on the dishwasher and just wipe its main boy with a wiping cloth.
Now that we laid down the reasons why you should get yourself an egg cooker, it’s time to lay down all the best egg cookers that are available in the market. Because there are a lot of them out there and you will definitely need a guide to make sure you’re buying the one that suits your needs. That’s why we listed down the best egg cooker in the market so that you can compare their functions and features with each other. So without further ado, here we go.
- Cuisinart CEC-10 Egg Central Egg Cooker – This egg cooker has a sleek modern design with a polished and smooth steel finish which makes it look good and at the same time giving the product high durability. The inside of the egg cooker is also made of stainless steel and it has a big two-story capacity with a high power of 600 watts which allows you to boil ten eggs at the same time and saves you a lot of time and effort. It has a blue LED light that notifies you when the eggs are ready and a sound alert that reminds you that you’re cooking your eggs. But even if you forgot about them, you will never have to worry about overcooking the eggs. With the Cuisinart CEC-10 Egg cooker, you can boil eggs, poach eggs, and make omelets.
- Dash Rapid Egg Cooker – This egg cooker does justice to its name because it can cook your eggs rapidly with just a push of a button. Not only that, but it also allows you to cook soft, medium, or hard-boiled eggs, poached eggs, and omelets. The Dash Rapid Egg Cooker can cook six eggs at a time, has a sleek and compact design, and weighs only a pound. It has an automatic shut off feature when the eggs are ready.
- Elite Cuisine EGC-007 Maxi-Matic Egg Poacher & Egg Cooker – if you want a reliable, durable, and sturdy egg cooker, then this one is for you. The Elite Cuisine egg poacher and egg cooker can cook up to seven eggs at once and you can choose if you want it soft, medium, or hard-boiled. It is easy to operate because it can be switched on and off with just a single button and it will automatically shut off once your eggs are done. The egg cooker also has separate trays for poaching eggs and making omelets. Its body is made of aluminum which is lightweight, durable, and able to conduct heat faster.
- KRUPS Egg Cooker With Water Level Indicator – The Krups egg cooker can cook up to 7 eggs at once and it has an egg holder that can be removed easily. This egg cooker alerts you with a buzzer when it’s done cooking your eggs. It also has an on and off button as well as a mode that keeps your eggs warm for as long as you want.
- Elite Platinum EGC-207 Maxi-Matic Egg Cooker – The Elite Platinum Matic egg cooker has a metallic base and an aluminum interior that gives it an aesthetically pleasing design while being highly durable. It can cook up to seven eggs and you can also choose if you want it soft, medium, or hard-boiled. It has an automatic shut off feature and a light indicator at the base of the cooker. The Elite Platinum egg cooker doesn’t make any audible alerts but you can count on it to not overcook your eggs. This also comes with a tray where you can cook poached eggs and omelets.
- Flexzion Electric Egg Cooker – The Flexzion has a unique stainless steel lid design and an elegant black shaped base that can add beauty to your kitchen’s interiors. The Flexzion electric egg cooker can boil up to seven eggs at once and you can also control the firmness of your boiled eggs. It has a light indicator that shows you that the egg cooker is on or off. This also has an automatic shut down feature so you don’t ever have to worry about overcooking your eggs.
- SimpleTaste Egg Cooker – The SimpleTaste egg cooker has a simple but pretty design with a stainless steel heating plate in the base. It can cook seven eggs at a time and it comes with a tray that allows you to cook omelets and poached eggs. Its plastic parts are all made of BPA free plastic which means you and your family are safe from any toxic chemicals. The SimpleTaste also has an automatic shut off feature once your eggs are cooked and it gives you a nice chime to notify you that your eggs are ready.
- Chefman Electric Egg Cooker – This is one of the most reliable egg cookers in the market and it has all the features of a great egg cooker. Aside from cooking eggs, you can also use the Medelon egg cooker to steam vegetables. It can cook up to six eggs at once and it has an automatic shut off feature and a nice alert sound that notifies you when the eggs are done. You can also cook omelets, scrambled eggs, and poached eggs.
- Medelon Egg Cooker – If you’re looking for a stainless steel egg cooker that has a sleek appearance and high durability, then the Medelon egg cooker is the right one for you. It is made of high-quality food-grade stainless steel that is able to eliminate the presence of any risk to your health. It can boil seven eggs at once and it also comes with a steel tray where you can cook omelets and poached eggs. With the Medelon egg cooker, you can control how you cook your eggs, whether you want it soft, medium, or hard-boiled eggs.
- Hamilton Beach 25500 Egg Cooker – This egg cooker comes from the brand that is known to be one of the top marketer and manufacturer of home appliances, Hamilton Beach. This egg cooker has a versatile design that allows you to cook soft, medium, or hard-boiled eggs and it comes with an egg piercing tool, poaching tray, and a measuring cup. The Hamilton Beach egg cooker can cook up to seven eggs at a time and it has a timer that notifies you when the eggs are done.
Eggs are the ultimate go-to meal, it is an important source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. If you’re always in a hurry and you need your eggs to be cooked fast, then having an egg cooker in your kitchen is a good fix.